The Tennis Canada Bracket Challenge is owned and operated by Tennis Canada. This policy describes our practices for information we collect, use and disclose as part of hosting the Tennis Canada.
You consent to us collecting, using and sharing your personal information as described in this policy by providing us with your information, or by using this website or the App. You can withdraw your consent to the collection, use or sharing of your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer (see “Inquiries” below). However, in some cases withdrawing consent will mean that Tennis Canada can no longer provide you with services where the information is necessary to complete the transaction or request.
How we collect and use personal information
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing you with goods and services you request, such as ticketing, merchandise, news updates and mobile in-seat ordering
- Operating and hosting the Tennis Canada, such as managing logistics for the event, communicating updates and registering players
- Improving and monitoring our website and App, and how we provide our services
- Soliciting and processing donations
- Providing you with information about Tennis Canadaand other Tennis Canada events and offers
- Analyzing, researching, and reporting within Tennis Canada in order to develop initiatives, plan events and marketing
- Where otherwise required or authorized by law, to protect Tennis Canada’s interests and to improve security
We don’t collect more information than appropriate for a given purpose.
Personal information we collect
In many cases, we collect your name, contact information, payment information, engagement or transaction history (such as past events attended) when you interact with Tennis Canada. Exactly what information we collect from you depends on the purpose above. For example, for ticketing, we collect your contact and payment information. For mobile in-seat ordering, we collect information on the App’s user, their order, and payment information. We also collect your location information if that function is enabled on your device.
If you are a Tennis Canada volunteer, we collect and use the information you provide us to recruit, manage and coordinate our volunteer team. Thanks for getting involved!
We also collect technical information when you engage with Tennis Canada electronically, such as details about your device, browser, cookie settings, and IP address.
How and when we share personal information
We share your information with our service providers. For example, we use Shopify for our merchandising. These service providers may process or store your personal information on our behalf.
Some of our service providers are based outside Canada. This means your information may be accessible to law enforcement authorities outside of your jurisdiction, in accordance with the laws of that jurisdiction. However, we require our service providers to commit to protecting your personal information in line with Canadian privacy rules.
We may also share your information without further notice to you if otherwise required or authorized by law. For example, we will comply with appropriate law enforcement requests for information, disclose information to enforce a debt or defend Tennis Canada in legal proceedings.
We may share personal information with business partners where it is relevant to a business transaction, such as a sale or sponsorship opportunity.
You can manage and delete the cookies in your browser’s settings. Some browsers include a function that allows you to block cookies entirely, although this can affect some features on our website. Depending on your device and how you use our App, you may also be asked if you want to allow certain features that involve collecting your personal information.
We use Google Analytics to better understand your use of our website and services. Google Analytics collects information on user behaviour on our website, which includes how many times a user visits our website, what pages they visit, and where they were referred from. Google uses the data collected through cookies to track and examine the use of the website, to prepare reports on its activities, and share them with other Google services. Advertising identifiers for mobile devices (such as Android and iOS Advertising Identifiers) are also collected. Google may use the data collected on the websites to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
If you would like to unsubscribe from Tennis Canada communications, click here.
Please contact the Tennis Canada Privacy Officer in writing if:
- You have any questions or concerns regarding Tennis Canada’s collection, use and sharing of your personal information;
- You would like to correct your personal information provided to Tennis Canada;
- You would like to request access to your personal information; or
- You would like your personal information removed from our data collection.
Our Privacy Officer can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org